EU-ACP Innovation Fund Call for Proposals for Ghana & ACP Countries
The Europen Union is currently accepting proposals from Africa, Carribean, and Pacific countries (ACP Countries)
The global objective of this call for proposals is to unlock the inclusive innovation potential of ACP countries and support their transition into knowledge-based economies for sustainable development and poverty reduction
Specifically, the call for proposals seeks to contribute to a conducive and inclusive environment for Research and Innovation in ACP countries.
The priority areas of this call for proposals include:
- To increase access to digital literacy, knowledge and use of emerging technologies;
- To create or strengthen effective links between R&I skills development and labour market demand;
- To establish or enable synergies in the research and innovation ecosystem, including with the private sector; facilitate conditions for technology transfer; promote R&I uptake;
- To promote local and indigenous knowledge and its use in combination with formal knowledge systems and practices.
The Program is categorized into six blocks as presented below:
- Lot 1 – Western Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo.
- Lot 2 – Eastern Africa: Burundi, Comoros Islands, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda.
- Lot 3 – Central Africa: Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Sao Tome and Principe.
- Lot 4 – Southern Africa: Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Lot 5 – Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago.
- Lot 6 – Pacific: Cook Islands, East Timor, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Samoa, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
Grants for this call for proposal falls within these two thresholds and this should guide costing of proposals
- Minimum amount: EUR 4,000,000
- Maximum amount: EUR 4,200,000
How to Apply
The only way you can apply is through the PADOR on-line database. Please click here to access full details and other relevant documents.