|Sector:||Private Sector Development|
|Term Duration:||1 year 0 months|
|Recruitment Type:||Local Recruitment|
|Required Language(s):||English, French|
|Closing Date:||7/7/2019 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC|
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets.
We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world.
In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The IFC Office in Accra seeks to recruit a consultant to support the Country Manager.
Scope of Work /Deliverables / Specific Outputs Expected from Consultant will include the following:
• At least 10 years of relevant experience on private sector development, investment climate and/or strengthening relationships between the private and the public sector;
• Master’s degree in a field related to investment and/or private sector development;
• Knowledge of policy and technical issues in the countries;
• Large network and strong relationships with the private sector and government at a high level and ability to develop business for IFC;
• Ability to build effective relationships with the World Bank, local and international partners, government, the private sector and other stakeholders;
• Ability to seek common ground and negotiate issues with internal and/or external clients to recommend for higher approval;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and function effectively in a multicultural environment and as part of an international team;
• Strong organizational, research, and presentation skills;
• Good oral and written communication skills in FRENCH and ENGLISH
• Enthusiasm for and commitment to development work;
The Consultant shall be supervised by Joseph Akwasi Kuma, Country Officer and report Ronke-Amoni Ogunsulire, country Manager Ghana Sub Region.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum.
Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.