Environmental Sustainability Strategy Review at CDF Consultant Canada
CDF Canada is an Ottawa (Canada) based international development organization building prosperity in communities around the world.
We work with local partners in Africa, Asia and Latin America to establish and grow community-owned co-operatives to help people achieve more prosperous, self-reliant live
- To establish the benchmark information on the current state of the environment (using definite parameters) prior to the implementation of the 4R-NSP
- To establish the environmental implications of implementing the 4R-NSP
- To ensure that environmental factors are considered through out the process of implementing the 4R-NSP
- To have in place, recommended strategies, guidelines and protocols that will ensure that possible adverse environmental impacts are identified and avoided or minimized.
- Develop a work plan and timeframe for the assessment
- Desk review of project documents (proposal, LF, PMF and the existing environmental sustainability strategy)
- Prepare/revise tools for assessment
- Collect data and carry out analysis
- Present and discuss results and changes to existing document
- Submit revised environmental sustainability document
- Develop an action plan and proposed methodologies for submission to 4R-NSP Management team
- Review the project proposal, the environmental strategy and other relevant documents to increase awareness and understanding of the project
- Develop tools and methodologies to conduct a rapid appraisal of the current environment issues and how 4R-NSP and the environment affect each other.
- Carry out qualitative analysis to highlight and unearth the issues on the ground
- Apply gender perspectives into all information analysis for the report;
- Prepare a revised draft report and strategy
- Present the findings to the team for discussions and comments.
- Present draft strategy for discussion and inputs
- Finalize the strategy document
- Summit final report to CDF Canada
- Arrange logistics including accommodation, transportation and subsistence for the consultant to undertake the assignment
- Avail project staff and where necessary recruit field assistants in the districts to support in the assignment
- Arrange for field meetings in the various districts and make available the needed logistics (stationery, transport, feeding, etc) to execute the assessment
- Assessment tools developed (questionnaires and other guides)
- Draft Environmental Sustainability report produced
- Presentations of draft Environmental Sustainability report to project management team
- Submission of Final Environmental Sustainability Strategy report
Required Skills or Experience
Competencies of the Consultant
- Extensive experience (at least 10 years) in qualitative and quantitative data collection methodologies &/or skills and experience relating to environmental sustainability issues
- Proven track record of research experience in agriculture and Climate resilience and understanding of alternative development, food security and agriculture;
- Good understanding of sensitivity for poverty, social and ethnic issues.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism and an ability to work independently and in high pressure situations under tight deadlines
- Ability to write and communicate in English;
- Knowledge and understanding of rural northern Ghana context;
At least an Advanced Degree in Agriculture science, development studies, rural development and extension, agriculture or other related field of studies.
10 years knowledge and experience on environmental impact assessment, Agriculture/social research, rural rapid assessment and community assessment with both quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter together with a technical proposal and financial proposal to email@example.com note later than 16th August, 2019.
22 total views, 1 today