- Specific objective 1: To reduce gender disparities in formal and informal education and ensure equal access to education for marginalised youth, with a focus on young women.
- Specific objective 2: To strengthen the education movement in WAF by contributing to the Institutional Development of ANCEFA and the implementation of its strategic plan for 2018-2022 with a focus on youth participation, especially female youth.
- Specific objective 3: To promote concrete changes in education policies and related legislative frameworks in the 6 targeted countries and in the region, ensuring inclusion of gender sensitive formal and non-formal education options for marginalized youth and increased gender equality by supporting CSO partners’ engagement with duty bearers (AU, ECOWAS, National governments) to create and implement a plan of shared action on context specific non-formal quality education for marginalized youth.
- To facilitate the development of a joint Civil Society Advocacy Strategy informed by relevant contextual issues in Ghana as well as the experiences, information and priority issues of the CSO partners and their youth networks. The joint advocacy strategy should also link to the ANCEFA regional youth strategy.
- To transfer hands-on knowledge and skills on advocacy strategy development to CSO partners.
- Design a simple questionnaire or template to collect primary information from the target participants.
- Process and analyze the information collected with the view to building consensus on priority issues for advocacy that will be relevant to the CSO partners and YEG, and use these as inputs into the advocacy strategy.
- Review relevant documents in addition to the information collected from partners to serve as basis for a clear problem and context analysis.
- Facilitate a 3-day strategy development workshop with the active participation of CSOs partners in all stages of the strategy development.
- Produce a draft a joint advocacy strategy and process report.
- Finalise the draft advocacy strategy and process report based on feedback from Oxfam and partners on the draft strategy.
- A joint CSO Advocacy Strategy on Youth and Education jointly owned by YEG CSO partners.
- CSOs acquire knowledge and skills of developing advocacy strategy.
- A process report. of the task is developed and submitted to Oxfam.
- A cover letter introducing the consultant and how the skills and competencies described above are met, with concrete examples.
- A 2-page outline of the proposed strategy development and writing process including:
- Proposed outline of methodology
- Management arrangements
- A 1-page budget covering proposed fees and all major costs.
- 3 days for preparation
- 3 days for the workshop
- 3 days for writing and submission of the joint advocacy strategy and process report
- 2 days for submission of final strategy and process report
|Please note that this schedule is tight, with no room for slippage|
|Data collection guide||20th August 2019|
|Strategy development workshop||21st – 23rd August, 2019|
|First draft of strategy and process report due by:||28th August, 2019|
Comments required from:
Oxfam YEG Coordinator, Education Programme and policy Coordinator, Inequality Programme Manager, Gender advisor; Research & Program Quality Manager; Country Director; Head of Program
|3rd September, 2019|
|Revisions by consultant and submission of final joint advocacy strategy and process report :||5th September, 2019|
8.0 ROLE OF OXFAM
- Provide technical guidance and feedback to achieve the objective of the assignment.
- Provide information to the consultant.
- Book appointments with relevant persons and institutions for information gathering.
- Provide necessary logistics – transportation, accommodation in the field and any other logistics needed for the assignment.
- Wumbei Dokurugu – YEG Project Coordinator
- Zakaria Sulemana – Inequality Programmes and Campaigns Manager
10.0 RELEVANT DOCUMENTS
- YEG Theory of Change
- EfAC Theory of Change
- ANCEFA Youth Strategy
- Demonstrable experience of producing high-quality, credible advocacy strategies and papers (examples required)
- Familiarity with different methodologies for producing strategies, and the additional factors involved in public advocacy work
- Demonstrable experience of working with NGOs and educational authorities
- Familiarity with policy advocacy work and demonstrable political sensitivity to youth, education and gender issues, preferably at the regional level.
- Ability to produce/write concise, and analytical scripts and understanding of development/advocacy communication (i.e. strategy papers)
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English and some Ghanaian languages
- Excellent organizational and facilitation skills.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and respond to three key questions related to your experience. Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV and your responses to the above questions. You need not comment on your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/11129/description
Please quote the INT 5843