Chongqing University President Scholarship
Chongqing University President Scholarship is aimed to support outstanding international students to study degree programs at Chongqing University.
Criteria and Eligibility
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and meet admission requirements of Chongqing University.
- Applicants must be healthy both physically and mentally, excellent in academic standing and with good conduct. Applicants should abide by the laws and decrees of China and comply with rules and regulations of Chongqing University.
- Applicants may not be recipients of any other scholarships at the same time.
- Applicants should fill outthe application form correctly, honestly, completely, and submit application materials as required.
5.Educational background and age limit:
Applicants for a bachelor’s degree program must have a high school diploma or above, meeting the academic requirements of the applied major, and be under the age of 40.
Applicants for a master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 45.
Applicants for a doctoral degree program must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 50.
- Full Scholarship:
– exemption from tuition fee
– free on-campus accommodation(double room) or off-campus accommodation subsidy（700 RMB per month）
– living stipend:
2,200RMB per month for doctoral degree student
1,800RMB per month for master’s degree student
1,500RMB per month for bachelor’s degree student
– free comprehensive medical insurance for international students
- Partial Scholarship:
– exemption from tuition fee
– free comprehensive medical insurance for international students.
Supporting Categories and Durations
– Bachelor’s Degree Students: 4-5 academic years
– Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
– Doctoral Degree Students: 4 academic years
Please click the following link for degree programs available at CQU:
- Chinese-instructed degree programs:
Bachelor’s degree programs List of Undergraduate Programs for International Students (2020).xlsx
Master’s degree programs List of Chinese-taught Master Programs for International Students(2020).xlsx
Doctoral degree programs List of Chinese-taught Doctoral Programs for International Students(2020).xlsx
- English-instructed degree programs:
Master’s degree programs List of English-taught Master Programs for International Students(2020).xlsx
Doctoral degree programs List of English-taught Doctoral Programs for International Students(2020).xlsx
Application Procedure and Documents
Step 1: CQU online application
Create an account at the online application portal of Chongqing University at https://cqu.17gz.org/member/login.do , choose ‘Chinese School Scholarship’, fill in the application form, upload the following application documents (the file size of each document is no bigger than 1M) and submit your application.
List of application documents to be uploaded:
- Personal information page of passport.The passport shall have a minimum validity of one year. For applicants who are already in China, a photocopy of Visa or Residence Permit with entry customs stamps should be provided as well.
- Highest diploma.Applicants for bachelor’s degree shall provide high school graduation certificate. Applicants for master’s degree shall provide bachelor’s degree diploma. Applicants for doctoral degree shall provide master’s degree diploma. Prospective diploma recipients must submit an official pre-graduation certificate issued by your current university stating your student status and expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcript.Applicants for bachelor’s degree shall provide transcript for high school. Applicants for master’s degree shall provide transcripts for bachelor’s degree. Applicants for doctoral degree shall provide transcripts for master’s degree. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- A personal statement.Applicants shall submit a personal statement indicating your past academic background and a study plan or research proposal in Chongqing University, with no less than 800 words in English or Chinese.
- Two academic recommendation letters.Applicants for master or doctoral degree shall provide two academic recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors in English, with an assessment of your academic or research performance, as well as the professor’s contact information including the position, email address, and telephone number.
- Curriculum vitae.The applicants shall submit curriculum vitae introducing your personal information, education background, work experience, research work, publications, honors, and other information, which could facilitate your application.
- Language proficiency certificate.Applicants for English-taught programs and whose native language is not English need to provide score report of English language proficiency test (a score above IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL Internet – based 80 or equivalent), or a certificate from former university that the previous degree is taught in English, or a certificate indicating the applicants have studied in an English-speaking country for more than one year; Applicants for Chinese-taught programs need to provide score report of HSK level 4 or above or other Chinese language proficiency proof.
- Foreigner physical examination form.The form could be downloaded via http://study.cqu.edu.cn/info/1062/1413.htm and shall be filled by the physician in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Attachments of examination results (Blood report, Electrocardiograph and Chest X-ray) shall also be uploaded. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Proof of non-criminal record.A non-criminal record from the judicial department of your home country, or a certificate from your current university/employer indicating your performance. Languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Chongqing University Provisional Acceptance for International Student (if available). The form could be downloaded via http://study.cqu.edu.cn/info/1494/1557.htm .
- Applicants for music studies are requested to a submit CD of their own musical works. Applicants for the fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
- Other supporting documents such as publications, awards, certificate of employment/internship, and etc. (if available).
Note: Applicants are not required to send us hard copies of application documents. But scholarship winners must bring the original copies of the application documents for registration. Applicants who provided the pre-graduation certificate when applying must bring the official diploma for registration. (Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English).
Step 2: Payment of application fee
Pay the application fee (400 RMB, non-refundable) after submitting the application. Application without payment will be regarded as uncompleted. Applicants can pay through:
① Online payment system: Only applicable to applicants who are already in China, paying by WeChat, Alipay or bank card;
② Bank transfer (proof of transfer voucher shall be sent to email@example.com): the bank account information is as follows,
Beneficiary: Chongqing University
A/C No.: 310 002 410 900 894 853 6
Beneficiary Bank: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Chongqing Branch
Add.: 2nd/F, 45 Lin Jiang Road, Yuzhong District, Chongqing, China, 400010
Swift Code: ICBKCNBJCQG
TLX: 62250 ICBIS CN / 62106 ICBQA CN
Application Deadline: May 15th, 2020
- The duration of scholarship is the same as that of the program in Admission Notice and cannot be extended.
- Students shall go through and pass the annual review before they continue to enjoy the scholarship for a second year. Failure to pass the annual review will lead to termination of the scholarship.
- On receipt of the scholarship grant notice, students are required to confirm their acceptance of scholarship with Chongqing University and do the registration on time. Those who provide fake application process, fail to register on time, fail to pass the entrance health check, drop out midway and/or suspend their study will be deprived of scholarship.
- Living stipend is delivered on a monthly basis. Students who are enrolled before the 15th (or on the 15th) of the month are entitled to full amount while those enrolled after the 15th of that month are only entitled to half of the amount.
- Applicants are advised to check your registered email regularly, as the admission officer will inform all updates, arrange interviews and notify application status and scholarship result via email.