The University of Ghana has received funding from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation of New York, USA, to implement a project titled “Enhancing Doctoral Training in the Humanities” at University of Ghana (ENDoTH@UG) from the 2019-2023 academic year.
The purpose of the project is to support doctoral training in the Humanities.
The focus of the fellowship is on the following disciplines/units:
1. Languages (including English, Linguistics, French, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Russian);
2. Arts (including Philosophy and Classics, Archaeology and Heritage Studies, the Study of Religions and History);
3. Performing Arts (including Dance, Music and Theatre Arts);
4. African Studies
An applicant for the PhD Fellowships:
1. Should hold an MPhil Degree in any of the disciplines listed above, or in a related field.
2. Should have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate commitment to pursue an academic career.
MPhil students who have submitted their theses are encouraged to apply.
Each applicant should submit the following:
- A Completed Application Form. Forms can be downloaded by clicking on this link:
- An offer of admission from the Graduate School, University of Ghana, to pursue a PhD Degree.
- An applicant without an offer of admission from the University of Ghana can still apply; however, the award will be disbursed only when the awardee has received admission to University of Ghana.
- An updated CV
- Names and contact details of three referees.
- Certified copies of First Degree and MPhil certificates.
- PhD research proposal of not more than 3 pages clearly outlining the background, objectives, scope and methodology.
- A work plan and a budget attached as separate sheets.
The deadline for submission of applications is 5.00 p.m. on Thursday 15th August, 2019
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
College of Humanities
The Andrew W. Mellon Project Office
UG Doctoral Building,
Journal Editorial Room, University of Ghana, BOX LG 1173, Legon
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0204967921