Within the framework of academic cooperation and student mobility between France and Ghana, the Embassy of France in Ghana, in collaboration with the Ghana Scholarships Secretariat, is pleased to announce the second edition of the joint scholarship programme for the 2021/2022 academic year. The applications are now open for Ghanaians at Masters and PhD levels on a merit and needs basis.
The eligibility criteria for 2021-2022 are as follows:
– Applicants must be of Ghanaian Nationality.
– Age limit: Masters Degree = 35 years; PhD = 40 years for joint application, 45 years for ScholSec application alone.
– Academic level:
– Bachelors Degree for a Masters,
– 2 years Masters degree or MPhil Degree for a PhD.
– Fields of Study: French as a foreign language, STEM, Health, Environment and Sustainable Development, Tourism, Archaeology and Heritage studies, Agriculture and Food Industry.
– First Class or Second Class Upper applicants on their Degree will be given priority consideration.
– Mastery of French: French Proficiency is not a requirement for application (except for French as a Foreign Language).
– Preferably 2 years post qualification experience for PhD applicants
– Completed National Service.
Mode of application
Applicants are required to submit both hard and soft copies of their application file before 17:00 GMT on 28th March 2021.
– Soft Copy: Applications must only be sent once to a common email address FranceGhanaScholarships@gmail.com. The subject of the message should include the first name and SURNAME of the applicant.
– Hard Copy: Applications must be sent or deposited at both the Embassy of France in Accra and the Scholarship Secretariat.
– Cooperation and Cultural Affairs Department (SCAC) at the French Embassy in Ghana, Fourth Circular Road, Cantonments, Accra, P. O. Box 187 Accra.
– Scholarships Secretariat Hilla Limann Highway, near Accra High School, P.O. Box. M 75 Accra
An acknowledgement of receipt of a complete application (hard and soft copy) will be sent to applicants via email.
In the case where only one format of the application has been received, the application will be considered incomplete and shall not be considered for selection.
The application file should contain the following:
– Copy of birth certificate.
– Application form to be downloaded and filled (typed) (Link)
– Cover letter of the student (maximum of 1 page) detailing the students motivation and highlighting how the desired course will support the students career development.
– Reference Letter from your University
– Academic file: Copies of full academic transcripts and degrees
– Proof of Registration or pre-registration with a French university for a masters degree or a PhD.
For applicants to PhD, kindly attach your research topic as well as an acceptance letter from your PhD supervisor in France
– Detailed Curriculum Vitae
– Documents describing the financial situation of the applicant (certificate of scholarship for studies in progress, pay slips, or bank statements of students or parents)
The selection process will be done jointly by the French Embassy and the Scholarship Secretariat.
The selection process is as follows:
– Review of eligible applications (February-March 2021)
– Screening of selected candidates (April 2021)
– Interview with selected candidates (April 2021)
– Publication of the list of successful candidates (early May 2021)
The response received for a double application can be fully successful, partially successful, or completely refused, according to the following table:
APPLICATION LINK: https://gh.ambafrance.org/Call-for-Applications-Master-s-Degree-PhD-Scholarship-Programmes-2021-2022-For