British Council IELTS Award 2020
Creating opportunities that can change lives, we established the British Council IELTS Award in order to assist high calibre individuals who have a strong motivation to develop their career and who can demonstrate that they have the potential to contribute to society with their studies.
The award will enable successful applicants to study at an undergraduate or postgraduate level at an institution of higher education anywhere in the world (in Germany or abroad), in an English taught program that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
The British Council IELTS Award is worth between £3,000 up to £10,000 depending on the tuition fees of the institution chosen by the winner and will go towards the cost of tuition fees of the individual’s selected course. The award applies only to courses in the 2020-21 academic year (i.e. starting August 2020 onwards) and will be paid directly to the institution.
If tuition fees of the successful candidate are below the maximum individual award fund of £10,000, remaining funds may be allocated to support other runners-up.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to networking within the IELTS community and sharing their experience with other IELTS candidates.
To be eligible to apply for the British Council IELTS Award Germany 2020 you must:
- be aged 18 years or over on 31 July 2020
- have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre in Germany and received an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 1 June 2019 and 10 June 2020 issued by the British Council in Germany
- have achieved a minimum overall band score of 6.5, plus a minimum score of 6.5 in each of the four components of the IELTS test
- be planning to enrol in the 2019–20 academic year (i.e. starting August 2020 onwards) on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme taught in English at a university or other institution of higher education in Germany or abroad, which accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements (check the official recognition list.). The tuition fees of the programme of choice must be a minimum of £3,000.
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the relevant educational organisation by 31 July 2020.
Check the IELTS official recognition list to find out if the educational organisation of your choice accepts IELTS.
Global IELTS recognition is growing all the time and if the institution you plan to attend is not listed, we strongly recommend you contact the institution directly for confirmation of their latest admission requirements.
- Application deadline: 10 June 2020 (14:00, German time)
- Interviews (Skype) of shortlisted applicants: June/July 2020
- Submission of acceptance letter received from relevant educational organisation: 31 July 2020 at the latest
- Notification of final winner(s) and all applicants: July 2020
How to apply
- Take the IELTS test at a British Council authorised centre in Germany and receive an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 1 June 2019 and 10 June 2020 issued by the British Council in Germany. Please note that a TRF issued by a test centre outside of Germany cannot be accepted.
- Complete and submit the online application form by 14:00 (German time) on 10 June 2020.
- Applications will initially be reviewed to ensure that they meet the British Council IELTS Award eligibility criteria and assessed by a panel of British Council/higher education representatives.
- Five applicants will be shortlisted based on their applications, including their personal statement.
- Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide evidence to support their application, such as a copy of their IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) and a copy of their ID.
- The final shortlisted applicants will be interviewed (Skype) by a panel of British Council/higher education experts. They will be asked to give a short presentation before being interviewed for final selection.
The Vice-Chancellor Scholarships at University of Bangor is available for all Available for all undergraduate and postgraduate Taught courses starting in September 2020
|Undergraduate||Valued at 50% of the Tuition Fee for Year 1, and up to £3,000 per year for Year 2 & 3*|
|Postgraduate||Valued at 50% of the Tuition Fee|
*Note: Undergraduate students may continue to receive the scholarship in Years 2 and 3, subject to achieving a minimum overall grade of 70% or above at the end of Year 1 and 2.
The Vice-Chancellor scholarship is for outstanding international applicants, so the applicants must have achieved;
|Undergraduate||Grades equivalent of GCE A-level A grade students|
|Postgraduate||Equivalent of a UK 1st class Bachelors degree|
- Candidates who are fully sponsored by a third party will not be entitled to these Scholarships.
- The above scholarships are not open to UK/EU applicants.
- The above scholarships are available for full-time on-campus courses only.
- All scholarships will be awarded entirely at the University’s discretion.
How to apply
Step 1: You MUST have received an offer letter from Bangor University before you can apply.
Step 2: Check your Eligibility for the scholarship and carefully read the conditions listed below.
Step 3: Complete the Vice-Chancellor scholarship application form.
Step 4: Email the completed application form along with a copy of your offer letter from Bangor University to Kerry Marie Jones at: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 1 March 2020.
Step 5: Eligible applications will be forwarded to the concerned academic department to make a decision, and successful candidates will be informed in May 2020.
Step 6: Scholarship winners will be required to pay a deposit amount of £2,000 within two weeks in order to confirm their acceptance of the scholarship.
Submit your scholarship application on or before 1 March 2020.
Conditions (for all scholarship winners)
- Half of the scholarship amount will be offered in the form of a reduction in tuition fees and the remaining half as a contribution towards the cost of University managed accommodation. Students not taking up a place in university managed accommodation will forfeit 50% of the scholarship (except in exceptional circumstances where university accommodation would not be a suitable option).
- Recipients will be expected to become scholarship ambassadors, contributing to University promotion both as students and in later years as alumni.
For further details, you may contact the Regional Manager responsible for your country.
To get specific advise on UK scholarships, kindly WhatsApp Abigail (0201570092)
Africa’s Biggest Educational Exhibition is Here! Meet with Over 50 Top Universities & Colleges for Career & Scholarships Opportunities . Attend UKEAS “Study World Exhibition” to learn about Study Abroad & Career Opportunities. Entry is FREE!
It’s no news that UKEAS STUDY WORLD is the BIGGEST Educational fair in Africa, taking place in Accra, Kumasi, Lagos and Abuja.
The UKEAS Exhibition provides a fast and efficient way for you to study ANYWHERE in the world; where over 50 top rated schools and institutions in the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Australia, China, Ireland and Malaysia are brought to your doorsteps; it’s MIND BLOWING RIGHT?
The UKEAS Study World Exhibition happens in:
–Kumasi on Saturday 27th April, 2019 at the Golden Bean Hotel; 10:00am – 4:00pm.
-Accra on Tuesday 30th April at the Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel; 10:00am – 5:00pm.
Registration & Entry is FREE!!!
Click here to REGISTER NOW!
Kumasi: 055 317 3346; 050 118 1045
Accra: 0502 568920; 0275 364578
If you have prospects of studying abroad and want to be at the forefront of your education and career, then this is the place to be.
Choosing UKEAS means you have free access to our wide range of amazing services and you can be confident that your study abroad needs are our top priority.
At UKEAS you are at the center-stage of everything we do as we always aim to provide you with unrivaled breadth of opportunities to participate in international work-integrated learning experiences in reputable universities worldwide.
Click here to apply: https://www.ukeas.com.gh/registration/registration-form.php?s=2159