AWDF call for applications 2020
Is your organisation an African feminist/ women’s rights organisation with cutting edge ideas for advancing women’s rights and creating systemic change? Apply for the AWDF Call for Applications 2020 now
Is your organisation led and majority staffed by women, and registered on the African continent? If yes, then you can apply for the AWDF call for applications in any of the three thematic areas listed below:
- ECONOMIC SECURITY & JUSTICE
- Defending women’s economic rights and justice including mobilising women in rural contexts, urban economies, and/or in non-traditional work
- Building ideas and models around women’s economic futures
- Defending women’s land, property and inheritance rights
- Securing women’s housing rights, particularly in the context of urbanisation
- Advancing climate and environmental justice.
- BODY & HEALTH RIGHTS
- Ending violence against women in all forms through prevention and/or response.
- Advancing the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and girls, including on issues of sexual orientation, reproductive choice
- Promoting women’s emotional well-being and mental health
- Prevention and management of issues around women and HIV/AIDS
- Building awareness and feminist responses to the rise of non-communicable diseases (including cancers, diseases of lifestyle and nutrition).
- LEADERSHIP, PARTICIPATION & PEACE
- Promoting women’s leadership, meaningful participation in decision making including building feminist leadership for social, political and economic change
- Advancing diverse women’s participation in governance and decision-making at all levels
- Defending democratic operating space for women’s rights organisations and defenders
- Promoting women’s human security and peace in all contexts