Asheshi University Scholarships in Ghana
The Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship is a partnership between the Jim Ovia Foundation, and the Africa-America Institute, to educate young Africans to lead the continent.
Through our University partners, the Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship will provide comprehensive scholarships to select high achieving students, from under resourced backgrounds, a full education that will provide them with the necessary skills for a dynamic and innovation-driven career.
The Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship is available to undertake Masters, PhD level programs at Ashesi University in Ghana.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Students from African countries are eligible to apply.
The Scholarship will provide the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Scholarships: the Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship will provide tuition, room and board for undergraduate study at Ashesi.
- Career Support and Opportunities: Scholarship recipients will receive career counseling and support while still students and also after graduation.
- AAI Global Alumni Network: Recipients of the Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship will graduate into one of the most prestigious alumni networks. AAI Alumni include prominent leaders in many sectors around Africa and the Globe and includes two sitting Presidents. Scholarship recipients will be connected to this network for potential opportunities, mentorship and the ability to collectively continue towards developing the continent.
Students must also meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of an African country, residing in Africa
- Exhibit strong academic record and penchant for high-achievement
- Demonstrate a Financial Need
- Present an active record of youth leadership within his/her community
To be considered for the Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship, students must complete the application and scholarship process detailed here: http://www.ashesi.edu.gh/admissions/how-to-apply.html