At AB InBev, we believe in investing in our future leaders today.
The Global Management Trainee Programme is an intensive 10 month rotational training programme which attracts the brightest, most driven graduates and nurtures their talent by giving relevant experiences right from the start.
Our goal is to find people who can take on challenging positions early on in their career and who have the potential to become our future leaders.
We achieve this by putting the trainees through an intensive cross functional training programme before their first role, where they will gain insight into every aspect of the business.
GMT Program Details:
- 4 Weeks of Zone induction and training on the company’s culture, strategy and structure. In this phase, you will get exposure to our Zone Management Team
- 24 Weeks of in-field training (deep dives) in our sales, marketing, supply and support operations. You will develop an understanding of the “real life” of the business by shadowing people who perform the job, at all levels
- 8 Weeks individual assignment in another country (in Africa Zone) leading a Process Improvement Project in the operations (sales, supply, trade marketing, marketing or logistics). You will receive clear deliverables and will be given feedback on your performance
- 1 Week attendance at Global Induction (St. Louis, USA) this will be an opportunity to meet the CEO, Global Chiefs and other GMT’s
- 1 Week close out at Zone HQ where you will present your BIP (business improvement project) and innovation projct
- Exposure to senior leaders throughout the training period
- Upon successful completion and based on your performance during the 10 month rotational program, you will be considered for an entry-level management position
- If you perform well post your entry-level management position, we expect you to be ready to take on your next challenge in a more senior role
You own your future and the speed of your career growth will depend on your talent, efforts and results. Should you meet the following minimum requirements we encourage you to apply immediately:
- Recent University student; or
- No more than 3 years TOTAL of full-time formal working experience by the programme start date. (Internship, vac work, short duration contracts and co-op experiences does not apply
- Minimum GPA (Gross Point Average) of 60% and above at university
- By programme start completed bachelors’ degree (from a recognised tertiary institution) achieved within requisite timeframe
- Legal work authorization (full citizenship) in the country for which application is being submitted
- Geographical mobility – you will move to different locations during the 10-month training program, and you should be willing to relocate throughout your career (a valid passport is required)
- Fully proficient in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ability to quickly adapt to new systems
- Appointments will be made in line with AB InBev employment equity plan (where applicable) and talent requirements
- Legal work authorization (completed National Youth Service) where applicable (by start of program)
- Strong analytical skills
- Interest in cross functional experiences
- Ambitious and self-driven
- Resilient and comfortable with ambiguity
- Able to effectively manage several projects at once
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Influential and collaborative
- Insightful, curious and innovative
- Geographical mobility – you will move to different locations during the 10-month training program, and you should be willing to relocate throughout your career
The application period for our programme is open between March, April and May, but the programme can close early if positions have been filled. We advise you apply as early as possible!