The Adobe Design Circle Scholarships 2020 is open to students who will be pursuing undergraduate college/university studies during the 2020-21 academic year. Applicants must be planning to enroll in an accredited college/university degree or certificate program.
Applicants do not need to be accepted into an undergraduate program at the time of application, but if selected for a scholarship, proof of acceptance will be required before scholarship funds can be sent.
While there is no minimum grade requirement to apply for this scholarship, an applicant’s academic and extracurricular record must show the potential to succeed in a college/university program in their intended field of study.
Selection of Applicants
he application will close at 11:59 PM Pacific Time on March 12, 2020. A complete application will include:
- Completed online application form
- A personal written or video statement of approximately 500 words or up to three minutes in length
- An estimate of your expected tuition and fee expenses
- Two reference letters. The letters must come from non-family members who knows you well – for example a teacher, instructor, professor, employer/work supervisor, advisor to an extracurricular club, etc.
- High school transcript issued by the school (for applicants from the United Kingdom or Commonwealth countries, A level, O level, GCSE, or BTEC results are also acceptable)
- College/university transcript issued by the school, if applicable
- Portfolio of up to three examples of your design work. Your portfolio can consist of links to websites you have built and/or links to third-party sites where you have uploaded your work (examples of third-party sites include Behance, YouTube, DailyMotion, Imgur, Dropbox, etc.).
Only applications completed by the deadline will be reviewed. Falsifying or plagiarizing any portion of your application is grounds for automatic disqualification.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
Scholarship applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Achievement and potential in design field, with an emphasis on product, experience and digital design
- Demonstrated leadership potential and ability
- Personal character, commitment and potential to use design for positive social change
- Clearly expressed financial need to support educational goals
- Career and academic goals in line with stated scholarship objectives
- Compelling references
Notification of Selection Results
Adobe will send notifications to all applicants informing them of their application status (awarded or not awarded) in May 2020. Recipients will need to submit verification of their admission to and enrollment in a recognized post-secondary institution in order to receive their scholarship awards. Scholarship recipients who are not able to produce proof of enrollment may be passed over in favor of an alternate candidate.
Additional Scholarship Information
Duration of Scholarships
Scholarships can be renewed for up to four years or until completing your undergraduate degree, whichever comes first. Scholarships are renewed each year pending academic progress.
Design Circle Scholars are eligible for up to U.S. $25,000.00 per academic year for required tuition and fees*. The exact amount of each scholarship will be determined by several critical factors including:
- the Scholar’s expected financial need
- the location of their college/university
- the type of college/university (state university, private university, etc.)
Tuition amounts vary greatly from country to country, and Scholars attending college/university in countries with higher tuition costs will receive larger scholarship awards. Every effort will be made to cover most, if not all, of each Scholar’s required tuition costs. However, please be aware that some scholarship recipients, specifically those attending higher cost universities in the United States, may not have their full financial need met by this scholarship if the cost exceeds U.S. $25,000.00 per academic year.
In addition to receiving the scholarship, the Design Circle members will offer a variety of mentorship opportunities to the scholarship winners, such as shadowing, internships, workshops, networking, among others. This will help strengthen the impact of the scholarship, while providing real-world experience to the scholarship recipients during their education.
*Barring extreme cases, the calculation of tuition and fees will not include room & board.
Payment of Awards
For scholarship recipients studying at a U.S. college or university, a check will be sent directly to your educational institution. Scholarship recipients attending a non-U.S. higher education institution will receive their scholarship payment either by check or wire transfer.